Blue, HEV Light, and Atmospheric Aging
“Preventing Atmospheric Aging of the skin from the full solar spectrum and air pollution is the next great challenge for both defending the skin (prejuvenation) and repairing (rejuvenation) existing damage” –David H. McDaniel, MD, FAAD
Our Institute is actively performing in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo clinical testing for actives and formulations for efficacy at preventing or repairing damage from the following:
- HEVL (High Energy Visible Light)
- Blue Light
- IRA (Infrared A light)
- Artificial light sources (including digital screens)
The Laboratory Research Division at the McDaniel Institute of Anti-Aging Research can provide:
- Creation, growth, maintenance and testing of cell cultures and skin equivalent models (human and other)
- PCR based and cDNA microarrays
- Biopsy collection, histological staining, immunofluorescent staining and imaging, live cell staining and imaging
- Cell toxicity/viability assays
- Dose response analysis for active compounds
- ELISA protein quantitation
- Image analysis
- For air pollution testing, please inquire
The Clinical Research Division at the McDaniel Institute of Anti-Aging Research can provide:
- Consulting for all phases of product design, development, and post launch media coverage and media education/presentation.
- All aspects of protocol design/clinical trial development including and conversion of trial results/data to submission to peer reviewed publication(s).
- 3D/2D digital imaging
- Blinded Expert Grader for clinical trials
- In vivo testing of various light spectra
- Performance of FDA clinical trials and audit processes
REFERENCES: McDaniel D, Farris P, Valacchi G. Atmospheric skin aging-Contributors and inhibitors. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2018;00:1-14.